Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday is my fitness day of rest

Just as God “rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done” (Genesis 2:2), human life has a rhythm of work and rest. The institution of Sunday as the “Lord’s Day” helps me enjoy adequate rest and leisure to cultivate my family, cultural, social, and religious life.

On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, I try to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder my worship owed to God, the joy proper of the Lord’s Day, and to relax my mind and body. For me, this means no fitness training and hopefully a good mid-afternoon power nap. Every blue moon now and then I’ll make an exception but generally that is how I strive to live my Sunday.

Have a great Sunday!

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you fast, or in anyway other way rest your digestive system on Sunday?

Peace be w/you.

PowerHank said...

Great Post, Pierini. Like your blog site. I'm heading out for my Sunday Afternoon nap.

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi anonymous, I currently do not fast, or in anyway other, rest my digestive system on Sunday. Thanks for the idea though. I do fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday during the Catholic Lenten Season.

Thanks for stopping by PowerHank. Hope your nap is a good one.

Anonymous said...

Do you find that your OLY lifting is enough to maintain your conditioning without the running you used to do? Thanks P

Pierini Fitness said...

It's good enough for a middle-age man who has officially retired from fun running. I can still run up a flight of stairs without being winded at the top but I wouldn't want to run a 5k or 10k for time.

A dose of burpees now and then keeps cardio conditioning above the middle-age man norm.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the visit.