Monday, August 7, 2017

To ease back in to it

Last week I shared how I had taken another fitness training sabbatical but it was time for me to get back to work.

Checking my training logs, I had taken a 6-week rest.   More than necessary but that’s what it was.

I knew that I needed to ease back into my training and that’s what I did.  The following is what I did:

Pierini Fitness Ease Back in To It Workout

A combination of these bodyweight and kettlebell exercises, using a 20kg kettlebell (KB):

#1 – shoulder dislocates using a wooden pole – 10 reps

#2 = standard pushups – 5 reps

#3 = bodyweight full squat – 10 reps

#4 = KB one-arm cleans – right 5 reps, switch left 5 reps

#5 = KB one-arm snatch – right 5 reps, switch, left 5 reps

#6 = lunge back and then lunge forward – right 5 reps, switch, left 5 reps

#7 = ab plank – hold for one minute

Completing the above was one round.  I completed two rounds in 18 minutes.

This may not seem like much but it’s what I decided to do to ease back in to it.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: