Monday, January 24, 2022

During my 66th year of life

 

Good day Pierini Fitness sports fans, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was good enough, or as financial guru Dave Ramsey would say, “Better than I deserve.”

Anyway, I suppose I start this new week in a reflective mode, looking back at the past twelve months of my life. Why am I doing this? It’s because my 66th year of life is slowly ending. In less than one month, my aging clock will strike 67 years and I’ll continue in my journey of trying to live a good and honest life. And while I’m at it, continuing in my fitness, health, and wellness journey as I, hopefully, continue to gracefully age.

Since 2008, my Pierini Fitness blog has been a cyberspace sanctuary where I share what’s on my mind. And during my blogging history, patting myself on my back, I’ve composed and shared some wonderful reflections of me being a middle-aged man. As expected, I did have some blogging time-outs where I was missing in action or AWOL as it’s known in the military. But let’s call them blogging sabbaticals because that sounds more sophisticated.

I’ve always said that when I’m an old man sitting in my rocking chair on the front porch crapping my pants and watching the world go by, I’ll always be able to go back to my Pierini Fitness blog and take great delight in the many blogflections I composed over the years, providing me countless opportunities to reminisce about a life well lived.

However, there will be a big empty spot about my 66th year of life because my blogging the past year has been more hit and miss. This is a shame because it wasn’t like I was sleeping the past year. There were many wonderful life experiences and joys I experienced but I failed to capture them in a written middle-aged man reflection.

This will be my loss about who I was and what I did during my 66th year of life.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: