Monday, December 22, 2008

Perfecting the burpee/pullup combo

Last Friday I tried for the first time a bodyweight-only exercise called the burpee/pullup combo. I haven't done burpees since March 2007 because of a love/hate relationship with them - I love the cardiovascular benefits they provide but hate doing them.

Here’s a video of my first attempt performing 10 reps of the burpee/pullup combo:




I wasn’t satisfied with my form because I collasped my core and bumped the floor to bounce up faster, rather than maintain a solid core, while performing the pushup part of the burpee. I also hesitated before jumping up to grab the pullup bar to perform the pullup rather than jumping up and grabbing the pullup bar for one continuous movement.

I’ll try again in about a week and expect that my next video will demonstrate better form. Check back and watch my next attempt at perfecting the burpee/pullup combo.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Clemsonfan said...

Brother, you are too hard on yourself. That was a good combo. I have never considered a hybrid burpee with a pullup. How many sets can you do? I think one would wipe me out, and I am in fair shape for a 44-year old.

Pierini Fitness said...

Hello Clemsonfan and welcome to Pierini Fitness.

Thanks for your observation and insight.

Merry Christmas!