Monday, September 16, 2019

Challening fitness training pony

Go Pierini Fitness, go!

When in my late 40’s to early 50’s, I was at the gym 6:00 a.m. sharp every Monday through Friday and had daily “beastly” workouts that always concluded with some hardcore treadmill running.  I loved it and these early-morning tough-as-nails workouts set my pace for the rest of the day.

Fast forward to now at age 64 years.  I’m still a morning person but not with my workouts.  I now crawl out of bed more slowly and often gimp walk like an old rodeo cowboy who has been bucked off the rodeo bull one time too many.

My middle-aged man body now requires more time to wake up and get ready for the rigors of a challenging workout.  Now, I seem to do best working out around noonish.  Since I currently prefer to train in a fasted state, workouts in this training time zone work is ideal for me.

I’m sure I could adjust to early morning workouts again but, honestly, don’t have the “ganas” to do so.

Wondering what it’ll be like in my 70’s if, God willing, I’m still riding the challenging fitness training pony.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: