Saturday, September 20, 2008

Step onto the platform

Today is my second Olympic weight-
lifting compe-
tition. It is a small local event called the Atlas Open, being held for the first time. There's no masters division so I am competing with everyone else in the 85kg weight class. Mindful that I am really competing against the bar, there is nonetheless a good possibility that I'll rank last place in total weight lifted; I'm OK with that prospect.

Hopefully I'll improve compared to my first competition last month. With 3 attempts each for both the snatch and clean & jerk lifts, it would be nice to go 4 for 6 and maybe get a PR in the process. As a minimum I want to improve my total.

Stay tuned, as I'll have details to share of my experience and maybe a photo or two if I can find someone to be my cameraperson.

Cheer me on because when you read this, I may be ready to step onto the platform.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum


No comments: