Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny blogflection postscripts


A couple of my recent blogflections provided some postscript laughs that I'll share with you today, proving once again that there is clever to be had in cleverness and humor to be had in humor.

On January 13th in The day we went our separate way, I wrote about the day I gave away the family television and we (the television and I) went our separate ways. If you didn't read the last sentence of that blogflection, you might have thought I was sharing about a broken relationship with my wife.

Guess what? Four of you did including two clients, one real estate acquaintance and a cyberspace fitness brother, all middle-age men like me. One person expressed sorrow that I went through a divorce and to call him whenever I need to talk. Another person shared that he read my story, it really made him sad, and that we needed to get together for a sandwich. I had a lot of fun and they had a lot of laughs when I told them to go back and read the last sentence. One person said I punked him, a term I hadn't heard in a long time.

Lesson learned: make sure to read the whole story before coming to a conclusion.

On January 29th in Unless I forget, I wrote about how my wife spends half her life losing things and the other half trying to find them. That blogflection generated the most comments ever at Pierini Fitness, giving me comfort in knowing I am not alone in having an absent-minded spouse.

No sooner than my wife found her cell phone did she then misplace it and her keys a couple more times in the following days. The straw that broke the camel's back was last Saturday when I was in a hurry to leave for my morning workout and asked her where she put my car keys because they weren't on the file cabinet where I normally keep them. She had borrowed my car the night before. I had a scowl on my face as I raised my voice like an Army drill sergeant, ordering her that she better find them immediately so I wouldn't be late for my workout.

Guess what? After her frantic efforts to find them to no avail, she asked me if I had them. I reached into my pant pocket and there they were.

Lesson learned: it's just as bad to not know that you have your keys as to not know where they are.

Life is a barrel of laughs as demonstrated by these funny blogflection postscripts.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this happy ending, Ed. My husband even chuckled at the story early this morning! God bless you, your marriage, and your most beautiful wife, who is busily serving our Lord and everyone throughout the community every waking hour, saving lives and helping women facing an unexpected pregnancy with whatever they need so they can choose LIFE for their unborn child. If one would follow her around throughout a "typical" day, there is no wonder why she can't find things at times. Are you going to World Marriage Day this Sunday at the Cathedral for a blessing? wynette

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi Wynette and thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm glad that Ed and you had a morning chuckle with this funny postscript.

Have a great day!