Thursday, November 5, 2009

When you can stand

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

I’ve always made fun of those television infomercials - generally targeted to women - selling exercise gadgets used while sitting or lying down. You’ve seen these gadgets, like the ab roller and the classic thigh master here:



While, I’ll be the first to admit that there are many challenging and worthwhile exercises performed sitting or lying down, my fitness training workouts, including those I prescribe to others, do not include these exercises. Since I sit for a living, my preference is to be upright and standing when I train. That’s not to say that I never train from a sitting or supine position, but only that I prefer to stand or be heading in that direction.

I'll also be the first to admit that performing exercises sitting or lying down is the right thing to do for some people including injured warriors and those with physical limitations.

My current training includes barbell work rather than exercise machines that, generally, seem to be used from a sitting or supine position.

My fitness training exercises are generally selected using the rule of don’t lie when you can sit and don’t sit when you can stand.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: