Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Pierini 5-To-1 Single KB Complex

Yesterday I put together another new, for me, kettle bell (KB) complex for a test drive and I really liked it.  

It’s a single KB variety consisting of the following:
  1. 5 reps of swing
  2. 4 reps of clean
  3. 3 reps of front squat
  4. 2 reps of snatch
  5. 1 rep of strict overhead press with an overhead lockout hold for a 10 full breath count.

I did my right side first, did a swing switch, and then repeated on my left side for one round. My cadence was to rest 60 seconds between rounds.  I used my 24kg KB, the heavier of the two I own.

My original plan was to complete as many quality rounds as possible in 30 minutes but right before I began, I mentally changed the planned duration to 20 minutes.  

It turns out my eyes were bigger than my stomach because I quit after 5 rounds which took me 15:20 to complete.

I really like this workout and will keep it in my KB complex inventory to do list.  Give it a try and let me know if you like it.  I’ve given it a name for ease of identifying.

Even though there’s nothing new under the sun, it’ll heretofore be known as the Pierini 5-To-1 Single KB Complex.

Pox Domini sit simper vobiscum

No comments: