Friday, February 3, 2017

One hour a week

I must remind myself that the name of this blog is Pierini Fitness so it would be a good idea, now and then, to share something about fitness, such as my fitness training.  It seems my proclivity as of late is this middle-aged man reflection stuff about living and dying, gracefully aging and trying to live a good and honest life.

So, let me share another recent workout.  The stuff I’ve been doing and will continue to do can best be described as abbreviated, done in my office, wham bam and thank you Mam now get back to work.

Here’s what I did on Wednesday, my last workout; I included kettlebell (KB) work in what I did:

A superset of these exercises:

(1)  Standard pushups x 10 reps, then

(2)  One-arm kettlebell Pendlay row x 5 reps, right side first and then left side, using a    24kg KB, then

(3) One-arm snatch x 5 reps, right side first, swing switch, and then left side, using a      20kg KB, and finally

(4)  Bodyweight full-range squats x 20 reps

This little superset constituted one round.  I started a new round every 4 minutes.  I completed 5 rounds that took 19:32 to complete.

What is it about workouts that make them seem simpler when they're being designed sitting on my butt compared to the reality of being in the work zone doing them?

This workout, done in the evening, had me huffing and puffing at the end, and bordering on breaking a sweat.

That was it; quick, simple and yet effective.  Chalk up another one for the Gipper.

These are the kind of workouts I’m doing the next couple months; three times a week for about 20 minutes a pop for a total of one hour a week.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: