Thursday, February 2, 2017

When it was big time

The recent blogflection about my boyhood memories watching Northern California big time wrestlers – the good guys and bad guys – brought joy to my oftentimes numb middle-aged man mindscape.   I still have these amazing memories watching the wrestling matches on television and upfront and close in person at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium.

In my nostalgia-mania, I stumbled across a new book that chronicles a one-hundred-year history of Northern California professional wrestling.  My impulse got the best of me so I treated myself and bought this book.  I seldom buy things on an impulse but I couldn’t help myself with this one.

It arrived in yesterday’s mail.  I was blown away by its sheer vastness.  This 349-page book is loaded with fine print content and lots of classic black and white photos.  I can’t imagine how long it took the author to write this treasure chest of Northern California big time wrestling history.

I do know one thing:  I’m going to have a great time with my new book about Northern California professional wrestling’s glory years; when it was big time.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: