Monday, June 19, 2017

Que Sera, Sera

Any middle-aged man worth a bucket of spit will experience a range of feelings and thoughts in his normal course of living.

Most of the time, hopefully, they’re exciting and pleasant.

Sooner or later, though, a high tide of anxiousness and restlessness will come to shore.

It’s only natural to prefer the former rather than the latter but truth of the matter is there’s good to be had in both; we’ll do ourselves the best if we welcome all with open arms and experience them to their fullest.

Easier said than done for many and this middle-aged man is no exception.

Sometimes, I need a prop to help me go along for the ride and accept standstills that periodically enter my mindscape.  Something to remind me that whatever will be, will be.

For me, a good prop is a song with good lyrics such as a middle-aged man rendition of Que Sera, Sera.


Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: