Wednesday, June 7, 2017

There's a soft spot or two

Little Eli Thompson and father - RIP
The other day I read an internet news article that stopped me in my tracks and touched my emotion, heart and soul in a way that’s still resonating.  It was a story about a little boy who died at age two.

Little Eli Thompson passed away last Saturday night three months after celebrating his second birthday.  He was a little younger than my first and oldest grandson and a little older than my second and youngest grandson.

Little Eli was born without a nose, prematurely and without any nasal passages or sinus cavities.  His rare medical condition only afflicted 36 others around the world.

Pictures of little Eli accompanying the article showed a very happy little boy and a very proud father.  I can only imagine what it would have been like being in his so-full-of-life company.

I was so saddened from reading this article and tried to imagine what his parents are now going through in their grieving and mourning journey.

After reading the article and realizing the affect it had on me, I did the only thing I knew how to do; say a prayer asking God that perpetual light shine on little Eli’s soul and that he enjoys eternal rest.  And, that his parents are comforted in their grieving and mourning by the many blessings, however brief, of having little Eli part of their lives.

I’ll always remember little Eli Thompson for his amazing ability to help this rough-around-the-edges and tough-as-nails middle-aged man be reminded that, deep inside, there’s a soft spot or two.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: