Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's a small world


Later this afternoon I’m meeting one of my cyberspace fitness brothers from a different mother face-to-face for the first time. He’s another middle-age man fitness dude like me and we have something in common in that we are both late entrants to the fascinating world of Olympic weightlifting; I believe we both have been at it for less than two years.

He lives in Massachusetts but is on a temporary assignment this week working for a client in a city about 90 miles from where I live. When I recently discovered that he competed at a nearby Olympic weightlifting competition last Saturday and is still in the area, I posted some comments on his blog here:

Franklin's Kettlebell and Olympic Lifting Training

Some subsequent e-mails back and forth and then a telephone conversation resulted in a deal in which he’s coming to Sacramento this afternoon to train with me at my gym. Afterwards we’ll get some dinner and have, I’m sure, some great middle-age man and Olympic weightlifting talks.

I’m looking forward to meeting Mr. Franklin B. Herman, my cyberspace fitness brother from a different mother. Thanks to the internet, just like the Disneyland song and popular attraction, it’s a small world.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pierini,

What's your take on kettlebell training?

Pierini Fitness said...

Hello Anonymous,

I believe kettlebells are just other tools in a comprehensive fitness training toolbox. I've not personally trained with them and maybe one day will.

The gym where I train has a great selection of kettlebells and clubbells just waiting to get some of my attention.

Thanks for asking and have a great day!