Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Something to do


I recently made a “business decision” to enter my 3rd Olympic weightlifting competition in about one month. I’m excited about it and have officially begun my training even though I’m still sporting a bum right shoulder.

Here’s a prior Pierini Fitness blogflection about my first competition I entered last August 2008: If he can do it then I can try

I’ll enter the same weight division, the 85 kg (about 187 lb.) class. Last year I needed to shed about 6 lbs. to make weight. Right now I’m about 9 lbs. under the weight limit so I have some room for gaining weight. I’m not sure I’ll do that but it’s an option available to me.

Last year I placed 6th out of 10 competitors in the masters’ division making 3 of my 6 lift attempts. Who knows what I’ll do this year but it really doesn’t matter as long as I have fun preparing and fun competing. I have lots of experience coming in last place when I entered all-comer track meets several years ago. It’s no big deal to me.

My guess is that future Pierini Fitness blogflections in the next 5 weeks will discuss my training preparation, and I may share a few video clips of my training lifts. If you have no interest in the Olympic lifts, you’ll probably be bored to death and/or skip the read. If you have an interest in the Olympic lifts, you may still be bored to death and/or skip the read.

I’m excited about this upcoming competition and the training preparation. It gives me something to do.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: