Monday, February 22, 2010

Hunger is a great chef

The Pierini DIET - click here to learn more

Around five weeks ago I shared about my mental weakness hiccup that was delaying my plan to resume intermittent fasting (IF). No sooner did I reveal this on a Friday, the following Monday I jumped back on the saddle with a Monday through Friday IF schedule. Saturday and Sunday are non-IF days.

On Monday through Friday, my target eating window is about five hours beginning in the late afternoon. That doesn’t mean I’m constantly eating during this window but it is when the kitchen is open for business to eat and fuel my daily nutritional requirements. For example, on my birthday last Friday, my window was from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

When did I eat during this window? At 4:30 p.m., I ate a good home-cooked meal that took about one half hour to eat and thoroughly enjoy. It was very delicious and left me very satisfied. Later at around 8:40 p.m., I ate dessert my wife bought me for my birthday. It was a chocolate and nut covered vanilla ice cream bar from Costco and I ate the whole darn thing! It sure was good but I wouldn’t want to do one of those every day.

As I’ve shared before, I really like the IF lifestyle and plan on continuing with it until further notice. It works well with my busy work season. The time not spent eating during working hours allows me to get more work done in less time which means I’m able to get home sooner. I come home with a real good appetite and my evening meals are great.

As a good friend of mine once told me, hunger is a great chef.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: