Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rest in peace Amen

It was a sad day Thursday afternoon when I learned that my dear friend and dojo brother from a different mother, Sensei Ken Kuch, passed away that morning and was called home to his Creator. He's the second person on the left in this New Years Day 2006 post-workout photo. Click the photo for a better view.

I’ll have more to share as I collect my feelings and thoughts. Right now, my wife and I are praying for the repose of his soul – what we believe as Catholics - and that God comforts his family as his wife mourns the loss of her husband and his two sons mourn the loss of their dad.

Today the Saturday morning karate workout has been cancelled and the dojo is closed much like a flag flying at half mast as a symbol of respect and mourning.

Dear God, we ask that eternal rest be granted to our departed friend and dojo brother Sensei Ken Kuch, and let perpetual Light shine upon him; may his soul and the souls of the faithful departed, through the Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

fishhead said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP.