Thursday, October 15, 2015

Got to do this tough work

This middle-aged man sits for a living and has been doing so for over 30 years.  It’s an occupational hazard but someone has got to do this tough work serving so many needy people requiring the talents I provide. 

Sitting, for the most part, is how I do my work that delivers these talents.

Not that long ago was this news chatter about how dangerous sitting is and how those who sit a lot, like me, were at higher risk for various health-related maladies and maybe an earlier death.  After reading one article, the thought entered my mind that I should get up from my office desk chair and either run in pace for a minute or so or bang out 100 rapid-fire reps of jumping jacks.  

I did neither.

So now the latest news is how sitting, in and of itself, for long periods of time may not be the bad-health culprit previously thought.  Recent research done by researchers at University College London and the University of Exeter found no association between sitting and mortality risk.

This makes me want jump for joy from the sitting position I’ve been in and will be for at least the next six hours other than a few standing or walk to the toilet breaks.  But I’ll pass because there’s no life-prolonging reason to do so.

So I’ll continue sitting for a living doing what I do to make the world a better place for all who look to me to help them make their contribution of making the world a better place.

Yes, someone has got to do this tough work.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: