Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Going backwards is not an option

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

So I’ve been practicing a little Christmas holiday gluttony this past couple weeks and am about five pounds heavier than my fighting bodyweight. I’m OK with this because I know that it will all come to an end for me on January 1st along with many other middle-age men and women fitness warriors and wannabes armed and loaded with their New Year diet, exercise and fitness resolutions.

What’s my game plan?

My current plan is to train three days a week and get back on the intermittent fasting lifestyle saddle Monday through Friday. I’ll eat squeaky clean and train hard for the first six weeks leading up to my birthday, and then take some photos for archival evidence of the fitness fruits of my training labor. Then, I’ll scale down the duration, frequency and intensity of my training until the middle of April due to the demands of my upcoming busy work season.

I’ll still train during my work crunch period because “something is better than nothing”.

While Father Nature continues to be my friend, there’s no time for fitness complacency for this middle-age man. I’ll train to keep what I have and hopefully march forward a step or two in my fitness journey because going backwards is not an option.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: