Saturday, December 12, 2009

I can, I shall, and I will do

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

They are a dime a dozen, those “coulda shoulda woulda” people who find comfort in their misery by spending excessive time thinking and talking about what they could have, should have or would have done in their past.

There’s nothing wrong taking a lesson from the failure history books of our lives, particularly to the extent that it motivates us to develop success-oriented action plans for the future. We should not dwell there excessively, however, stuck in our stinking thinking like a pickup truck stuck in mud in the middle of a farm orchard after a winter storm. It serves no moving-forward benevolent good and only keeps us stuck in our failure and misery.

This misery that we allow to radiate not only burns within us but oftentimes is within the auditory reach of others who may look to us for comfort, inspiration and wisdom with the challenges they face in their own lives.

This is also true with our fitness, health and wellness shortcomings. For all those who didn’t give their very best effort to this important part of life in the past, there’s always an opportunity starting today to begin a best effort journey; or for the procrastinator, with a New Year resolution for 2010 just around the corner.

Join me each morning, starting today, while looking at ourselves in the mirror during our morning shaves as we chant the empowering affirmation of “I can, I shall, and I will do”.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

fishhead said...

Good advice. I'm a stinker thinker. It's more personal than fitness related though. Guilty of wallowing in my own misery.
I need to change that.

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." ~~ Stuart Smalley (SNL)

Donna :)