Thursday, December 10, 2009

This nothing stuff I had been doing

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

Yesterday I made it to my gym after work in the mid-afternoon. It was another easy workout as I continue to be limited with what I can do due to a reinjured right shoulder muscle.

Studying my training journal before beginning my workout – something I normally do – revealed the following entries for the past seven days:

Thursday – December 3rd – Nothing – sore.

Friday – December 4th – Rest – hamstrings very sore – shoulder hurts.

Saturday – December 5th – Nothing.

Sunday – December 6th – Nothing.

Monday – December 7th – Finally! A “something is better than nothing” workout. I attended a group Pilates class with my wife and, afterwards, made a short stop at the weight room and quickly did the following: a warm-up of back squats with 45lbs. x 10 reps - back squats with 135lbs. x 10 reps followed by standard grip pull-ups x 10 reps – a short rest - front squats with 135lbs. x10 reps followed by standard grip chin-ups x 10 reps. All squats were full-range with a rock bottom depth and a controlled pause at the bottom before returning to the start position. That was it!

Tuesday - December 8th – Nothing.

Yesterday’s workout consisted of more pull-ups and chin-ups in combination with barbell back squats and front squats. I concluded it with some kettlebell swings. All loads chosen and reps completed were sub-maximal effort. Call it a maintenance workout at best.

But it did feel good knowing that I put an end to this nothing stuff I had been doing.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: