Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Starving middle-aged men in China

On Sunday I received an e-mail reply from a cyberspace fitness brother from a different mother.  A couple days earlier, I sent him an e-mail sharing a fitness topic of common interest.

His reply opened my eyes to what many already know.  Here’s an excerpt of his reply: 

“It’s great to hear from you. I'm in Nanjing China for the next month (I manage a team of software engineers here). The link to your blog is not working here due to the Great Firewall of China.”

This is absolutely terrible!  

My Pierini Fitness blog is not available to hundreds of millions of Chinese middle-aged men who are starving for my guidance.  

As ambassador of all middle-age men around the world, I must rectify this situation.  What should I do?

Maybe I’ll travel to Beijing, China on a humanitarian mission.  I’ll ask for a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping demanding his immediate involvement in tearing down the Great Firewall of China.

I’ll remind him of his country’s binge drinking problem that has reached epidemic proportions among middle-age men and beyond.  I’ll also explain the reason for this epidemic.

Chinese middle-aged men thirst for my Pierini Fitness blogflections but they’re nowhere to be found in their cyberspace world.  

In a desperate act to quench their thirst, these poor Chinese men are resorting to alcohol to fill the void in their lives.

So you better eat your cyberspace plate clean of my Pierini Fitness blogflections because there are starving middle-aged men in China.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: