Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pigging out on pumpkin pie

This middle-aged man has been on a mission for some time now eating less and eating clean.  

Clean doesn’t mean low fat but clean of foods that really don’t offer my body much efficient nutritional fuel.  This means I’m not eating cakes, cookies, crackers, chips, candies, ice cream or chocolate.

And let’s toss adult alcoholic beverages into the off limits list although to not be anti-social, the other day I sipped on about a 3-ounce class of white wine. 

Give me a strong cup of my favorite Italian roast coffee or a bottle of San Pellegrino acqua minerale any day to any alcoholic beverage you might offer.  That’s where my mind and preference is these days with beverages.

It’s been this way now for 117 days with no end in sight.  This means I must get my emotional comfort elsewhere than from that chocolate chip cookie or two like the way I would in my past.  And a bottle of pop as they say in the east coast isn’t anything I desire when thirsty.

You know, to be honest, I don’t seem to miss this stuff although will admit, I smelled the aroma of freshly-baked cinnamon rolls while at an IKEA store over the weekend and had a pleasant thought about it for a nanosecond before continuing on going about my business.

So this means this Thanksgiving Day in two days from now, this middle-aged man won’t be pigging out on pumpkin pie.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: