Wednesday, January 20, 2016

An awesome workout

Of the many exercises that have been part of my current training mix, there are two that many believe are better than sliced bread and should be done often or even daily because of the exceptional results they produce.

One is the kettlebell (KB) swing and the other is the burpee.

A popular suggestion for a KB swing workout is to perform 300 reps while a popular suggestion for a burpee workout is to perform 100 reps.  My workout yesterday took both of these suggestions and put them together for one great workout.

Using my 24kg KB, I completed 20 rounds of 5 burpees and 15 KB swings.  My goal was to complete these 20 rounds at least one minute faster than the last time I did this workout; that was on January 6th and my time that day was 29:28.

20 rounds later and a bucket of sweat, I completed this workout of 100 burpees and 300 KB swings.  My time was 27:38 which was exactly two minutes faster than the last time; I was pleased. 

The next time you’re up for a different challenge, give this little burpee/KB swing combo a try but scale it to your abilities and current conditioning so you have both a successful experience and an awesome workout.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: