Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Take more often

Generally the walking I do as a form of active rest between training days is just that; a leisurely or brisk-paced walk à la carte swinging my hands side to side while maintaining a forward-moving pace of some type.  To test my ability to chew gum and walk at the same time, once in a while I’ll deliver an occasionally “Whistling Dixie” performance if my mood is upbeat.

Sunday I took a walk of a different variety thanks to a tag-along companion and a somewhat pleasant winter day.

With a stroller in front of me and a little grandson in the cockpit, this middle-aged man went for about a one mile neighborhood walk.  It was relaxing sans the heart-rate monitor normally strapped around my chest.  I had no beat-the-clock mindset that’s normally part of my training.

This is the kind of active-rest Sunday walk that I’d like to take more often.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: