Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Give myself an "attaboy"

Growing up as a boy, I really enjoyed watching the Adventures of Superman television series.   To this day, I still remember the opening lines of how Superman was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Then the announcer of the opening lines would say how Superman was a strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.



Reflecting on this, I honestly believe that that we middle-aged men in some unique way have our own special abilities, strengths and talents making us unique and one-of-a-kind.  In some small way, we're like Superman with our God-given powers and abilities far beyond those of others in general and more specifically other middle-aged men.

For many of us, and perhaps yours truly in a honest moment of middle-aged man reflection, we may never come to discover what these Superman powers and abilities with which we've been blessed.

Thinking about it a little more, I realize I know mine.

I have this amazing ability to pat myself on my back and give myself at "attaboy".

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: