Monday, January 23, 2017

Make me great again

Last Friday’s blogflection on President Trump’s inauguration day had a befitting title we’ve read and listened to countless times during last year’s grueling and marathon Presidential election - “Make America Great Again”.  I’m sure we haven’t heard the last of it.

Realizing that the total of any greatness is the sum of its parts, this got me thinking that the way to make America great again is for each of us to be great again.  It makes me wonder if I’ve ever been great; maybe you’re thinking the same.

Well, great is a relative term in relationship to my maximum potential of being great.  I shouldn’t compare myself to someone else in assessing my own greatness.  Me being great can best be understood by me as being my maximum greatness at whatever great I’m capable of achieving assuming I put forth maximum effort.  A little perseverance is also important.

So, you and I have the potential to be great within our own unique selves, yet, at least for me, my greatness is sometimes dormant and in remission.  And if my greatness has been dormant and in remission for way too long, just like America, maybe it’s time for me to do something about it.  How about you?

Maybe it’s time for all of us to do something about it.

I’m jumping on the hype wagon of making American great again by making my own modest contribution, knowing that American’s total greatness is the sum of the greatness millions of Americans achieve in their own greatness pursuits.

I’m going to make me great again.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: