Thursday, January 19, 2017

On the way out

Pierini Fitness is as all-American of a middle-aged man as they come.  Just like all Americans, he has his values and political leanings; or slant as some may call it.  

Yet others may describe these things as making up my bigot.  Call it what you want, it's who I am just like your collective makeup of values and political leanings make you who you are unique from anyone else in the whole wide world. 

Isn't it wonderful to be an American, free to be this way without fear of a one-way trip to the guillotine?

Those who have followed Pierini Fitness know that among the 900 blogflections posted here, as of yesterday, political content is among the least discussed.  There's a reason for this.  

First, there are others who do a far better job.  Second, it just doesn't interest me and ignite a passion requiring me to publicly share my deepest feelings and thoughts.  This doesn’t mean I don't have them, or that I won't share them in private discussions with others capable of doing so courteously.  

Despite this big build-up about who I am and what are my values and political leanings, I want to use today's reflection to wish President Obama well as he leaves the Oval Office. It'll be fun, again, for me, to be interested in viewing Presidential press conferences and State of the Union addresses, something I've not done the past eight years.

And, I also want to remind him, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: