Friday, November 1, 2019

Upside down


As previously shared, one of my Fall 2019 fitness goals is to perform a handstand hold against the wall for at least 1:15.  The handstand hold is one five bodyweight-only isometric postures utilizing my muscles as stabilizers against the effects of gravity that make up my patented Pierini Fitness Plan B Workout.  I devised it over 11 years ago; read about it here:


My known lifetime best handstand hold against the wall time is 1:59 but that was done a long time ago.  My current goal of 1:15 is an achievable one and recognizes that I’m only going to put limited training time in to achieve it. 

Here’s my latest best effort, I’m close but still need some more hold time to achieve my goal:


In addition to the fitness benefits of this exercise, there’s at least one other non-fitness benefit.  Even with our seasoned middle-aged man wisdom, we’ll still be able to better see the things in our lives right side up if we occasionally spend some time upside down.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: