Monday, March 2, 2009

It's nothing great but something


For years I maintained a cyberspace fitness journal but now I don’t. For the nobody who is interested, here’s how I trained last week – I’m very busy with my work so I’m following my something is better than nothing action plan:

Monday
Early morning in my basement – using a light wooden pole - shoulder dislocates/overhead squat combo x 54 reps – good mornings x 54 reps – then a handstand hold for 0:54.

In the late afternoon I made it to my gym for an Olympic lift training session. After the usual flexibility and warm-up drills I did the following (all amounts in lbs.): squat snatch: 95x3 – 95x3 – 115x3 – 115x3 – 135x1 for 5 sets – 145x1 – clean & jerk: 95x3 – 115x3 – 135x3 – 145x3 – 155x3. Then I wrapped things up with 6 sets of 6 reps of my 6-grip pullup/chinup medley (standard grip pullups, standard grip chinups, close grip pullups, close grip chinups, wide grip pullups, and wide grip chinups).

Tuesday
Early morning in my basement – 6 sets of shoulder dislocates/overhead squat combo x 9 reps followed by 4-count cherry pickers x 9 reps – wide grip chinup hang hold for 0:54 - handstand hold for 0:54.

In the evening in my basement, a single set standard burpees for 54 reps completed in 5:04.

Wednesday
I didn’t train because it was Ash Wednesday and I was fasting.

Thursday
Early morning in my basement – shoulder dislocates/overhead squat combo x 54 reps – 4-count cherry pickers x 54 reps – close grip pullup hang hold x 0:54 – handstand hold x 0:54.

Friday
Early morning in my basement – shoulder dislocates/overhead squat combo x 54 reps – 4-count cherry pickers x 54 reps – close grip chinup hang hold for 0:54 – handstand hold for 0:54 – a single set of standard burpees for 54 reps completed in 5:01.

Saturday
Rest

Sunday
Rest

So I managed to train four out of the last seven days. It’s nothing great but something.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: