Monday, July 16, 2012

Your son, eternally

I've been trying for some time to get my soon-to-be 86 year young Dad to write something to share here; he has so many great yesteryear stories and reflections about the life he lived in his journey down the superfitness highway in the fast lane.

One day soon I hope he will debut as the first old man to serve as a guest blogger at Pierini Fitness.  

Until his debut, here's a poem he recently wrote to his father - my grandfather - who went home to his Heavenly Father almost 40 years ago.

To Dad

Damn it dad, why did you go?
You told me one-hundred, and I believed you,
And all that went in to making you,
But you "tripped" before your time.

I remember the day, when I misbehaved,
And you placed your strong hand on my shoulder.
I may have wept.

But you are gone now, but not the hand,
Which, on this cold night, I kneel to kiss.

Eddie, your son, eternally

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: