Sunday, June 19, 2016

Caro diario

Regularly-scheduled timeouts are good and necessary for those engaging in creative activities such as blogging.  All artisans and workers must eventually take a sabbatical or vacation to rest and rejuvenate from the toils of pursuing their passions.

This is what the chief executive blogger of Pierini Fitness did during a four month leave of absence from his cyberspace blog.  

What I discovered is that, while in rest, a real blogger in hibernation nonetheless has an omnipresent, growing and uncontrollable desire to get back on the blogging saddle.  

A real blogger must regularly practice their vocation of cyberspace expression regardless if anyone is reading.  A generation or two ago, and even now, people did this by regularly adding to their dear diary using paper and pen.    

I’m a made in America middle-aged man cyberspace version of Italian Nanni Moretti who directed the movie “Caro Diario” while playing himself in a dry and satirical look at life.  

Moretti used the experience of traveling on his motor-scooter while cruising with his friend around a set of remote islands in search of peace to finish his new film.  And along his way, he consulted doctor after doctor to cure his annoying rash.  The movie was a humorous look at his life and those around him.

And this is what Pierini Fitness is to me.  A place where I share my middle-aged man reflections about living and dying, gracefully aging and trying to live a good and honest life. 

This Pierini Fitness blog is my cyberspace motor-scooter, those few middle-age man brethren souls who sometimes frequent are my “friends” cruising with me around a set of cyberspace remote blogflection islands in search of peace to finish what will hopefully be a life well lived. 

And in my journey, I may consult with others by reading their take on life as posted in comments and in private e-mails to cure me of this annoying middle-aged man rash I have of being rebellious and rough around the edges.

Today is a new day of life for me and it feels good to be back on the blogging saddle with my caro diaro.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Machinehead said...

Gret to see you back -- I look forward to more reflections, observations and advice.

Pierini Fitness said...

Thank you John. I'll have another blogflection this Wednesday. Enjoy your day.