Monday, June 5, 2017

I’ve been doing lately

It’s been a while since I’ve shared a workout so that’s what I’m doing today.  

The following is a kettlebell KB circuit I’ve been doing, taking-it-easy style.  It consists of the following combo using a 20kg KB.

(1)  Standard pushups x 5 reps, then
(2) KB snatch right x 5 swing switch and then left x 5, and finally
(3) KB hand-to-hand swings x 15 reps

Completing the above equals one round.  My current workout consists of completing ten rounds. 

When I started doing this workout, I was coming off an extended fitness sabbatical so my cadence was to start a new round every three minutes.  The last time I did this workout, I started a new round every 2:45.  Next time it’ll be every 2:30.

Once my round speed is every two minutes, I’ll either to one of two things:

(1) Perform 6 pushups, 6 KB snatches and 18 hand-to-hand swings for each round, or
(2) Keep the rep count the same but jump up in weight to the 24kg KB.

Time will tell.

I’m trying and learning that every workout I do doesn’t have to be pedal to the metal intensity.  I’m getting older and need to do a better job of behaving and training my age.

This is one KB workout I’ve been doing lately.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: