Saturday, January 10, 2009

The party is over in four Saturdays


Last April 16th I made a bold change to my work schedule lifestyle and began working on Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Other than about four weeks that required me to be flexible and work more, I did a good job of sticking to this schedule. Being self-employed and having a seasonal workload the first four months of the year made this lifestyle possible. It worked amazingly well and I'll probably do it again this year beginning on April 16th.

But now I'm about to begin my busy work season. Starting in February I'll work a lot harder - longer days and six days a week - probably 225 hours in February, 250 hours in March and 170 hours the first half of April. Sunday will continue to be my well-deserved day to rest my body, mind and soul.

Supposedly I'm well rested from this relaxing work schedule lifestyle and should be ready to raise my work ethic bar to work some serious hours. Beginning in February, I'll start working on Saturday so the pleasure of a standard Saturday and Sunday weekend will temporarily no longer be mine.

That means the party is over in four Saturdays.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: