Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy birthday Mom!

Some middle-age men have experienced the death of one or both of their parents while others like me are fortunate to still have both their mother and father alive. This I’m enjoying but realize that one day they’ll be gone and I’ll miss them dearly.

But wait a minute; who am I to be so confident to think that I may not go first?

It’s more likely, though, that they’ll get called home to their Creator before me. One thing is certain and that’s all of our life-on-earth clocks are ticking one breath at a time and none of us should take anything for granted.

My Dad is 85-years young and if you ask him, he swears he’ll live to be 100. He shared with me that his father said the same thing so you can say his thinking is learned. His father, my grandfather, never made the century mark but I’m guessing he had fun trying as my Dad is also having fun trying.

Today is my Mom’s birthday and she is now 81 years young. She has developed a joy of going to the gym and exercising – often daily and sometimes at the oddest hours of the day and night – and, as a result is enjoying the fruits of her fitness labor with a current life of good health and wellness.

I’m blessed that today I can and will call and see my Mom and tell her, “Happy Birthday Mom!”

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

tommy helms said...

Happy Birthday, Mama Pierini

Pierini Fitness said...

Thank you Tommy.