Monday, September 14, 2015

Taking a dive at the pool

Why does this middle-aged man continue to exercise?  Many men my age don't and seem to be healthy enough to live the life they're living.  Is it because I've done it so long that it's a normal part of the life I live just like breathing, eating, sleeping, working and the like?

A simple yes is my answer to my question but perhaps there's more to it than that. 

Maybe my motivation has a vanity element to it and if so, is there anything wrong with a little middle-aged man vanity?

Questions, question and more questions the deeper I go into honest reflection  seeking my truths to why I do what I do.

Maybe my vanity is a bona fide factor fueling what I do.  Maybe I do what I do because I don't want to look like a middle-aged man fatso when out in public taking a dive at the pool.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: