Monday, September 30, 2019

Fall 2019 fitness goals


Welcome to the first day of Fall 2019 and please accept my belated greeting that’s one week late.

We’re going to have a great time here at Pierini Fitness chasing my Fall 2019 middle-aged man fitness, health and wellness goals.  If you read the previous post, you’ll learn of my previous goals and whether I achieved them.   

Continuing with a season-timing theme of goals, Pierini Fitness shares his Fall 2019 fitness goals.  He’ll train diligently to achieve them by the first day of Winter 2019.

Here they are:

Complete 100 alternating pull-ups and chin-ups in 20 minutes
This is a carryover goal from both Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 and one that was almost achieved but not quite.  My best time is 20:03 done at the end of Spring 2019.  I was unable to improve during Summer 2019.  Concentrating more on weighted pull-ups and chin-ups and making nice progressions doing these, I didn’t have a laser-like focus on achieving this goal, so I’ll keep trying.

Complete a single set of 18 pull-ups
On a good day, I currently can perform 15 reps.  My known lifetime best is 18 reps.  This goal will chase my lifetime best. 

Complete a single set of 25 bar dips
On a good day, I currently can perform 20 reps.  My known lifetime best is 25 reps.  This goal will chase my lifetime best. 

Run one mile in 7:00
My current best is 7:18 done on the last day of Summer 2019.  This will be a challenging goal taking lots of work.  I hope to have fun chasing it.  In my earlier middle-aged man days, I could run this one mile in 6:00.

Complete 100 burpees in 12:00
Like most fitness enthusiasts, I have a love-hate relationship with burpees.  I love what they do for my cardiovascular-respiratory conditioning but hate doing them.  I’ve had various burpees challenges in my middle-aged man training past and almost five years ago, had a goal of completing 100 burpees in 10:00.  I never achieved that goal, getting to a timed low of 12:03 on January 22, 2016 before falling off the burpees pony when I got a bad case of the flu.     

Pull-up hang hold of 1:50
I’ve started doing these again to improve my grip strength.  My middle-aged man known lifetime best is 2:08.  Recently, I’ve hung for 1:35.  Given that my training will be hit and miss on this one, we’ll see how I do.

Handstand hold against wall of 1:15
I’ve also started doing these again to improve my shoulder strength.  My middle-aged man known lifetime best is 1:59.  Testing where I was at with this on the last day of Summer 2019, I only held this hold for a weak 0:50.  Given that my training will be hit and miss on this one, we’ll see how I do.

Morning weight of 170-175 lbs. each day of Fall 2019
I weighed 170.2 lbs. on the first day of Fall 2019.  This is a good weight for the running and pull-ups/chin-ups workouts I’m doing so I’ll keep my dietary discipline at its peak with this goal in mind.

Achieve or maintain 16 percent body fat
I have a DXA-Scan scheduled for tomorrow and we’ll see where I’m at.  I had a Summer 2019 goal of 16 percent.  If I come in at 16 percent or lower, then this goal will be to maintain as I don’t desire to go any lower.  If I come in higher, then this will be my goal.

There you go Pierini Fitness sports fans, my Fall 2019 fitness goals.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: