Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Hanging around


I’ve never considered myself to have a “killer grip” and honestly don’t spend any direct time doing grip training work.  Recently, I read an article about the ultimate grip strength test and how to build a crushing grip.  I decided to read it.

The article suggested a 60-second baseline for the classic two-arm hang is something any reasonably strong person should be able to do without much difficulty.  In my training past, at various times, I’ve tested my hang time.  Over a dozen years ago, I got as high as 2:08 but that was then, and this is now.

Yesterday, inspired by this article, I decided to test my hang time.  Here’s a rather boring video of my effort:


This hang gets recorded in my training journal as 1:33. This isn’t an awesome hang, but I’ll stick my neck out and say it’s above decent for the sexagenarian group to which I belong. Maybe I’ll add to my upcoming Fall 2019 fitness goals to restore my hanging ability and re-enter the 2:00 or more hang time zone.

I’ll accomplish this by every now and then hanging around. 

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: