Tuesday, June 16, 2009

112 days later


Intermittent fasting (IF) has been the topic of several blogflections at Pierini Fitness, beginning with my 2009 Lenten Intermittent Fasting Journey from February 25th to April 12th earlier this year. If you’ve followed my IF topic blogflections, you know that after Lent I made a “business decision” to continue the IF-lifestyle on Mondays through Fridays and eat "normal" on the weekends. My last update was almost one month ago here: The downfall of Western civilization

During Lent, I practiced IF 7 days a week and targeted a 2-hour eating window from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and called it 2/24 IF. Now, I practice IF 5 days a week on Monday through Friday and generally observe a 5-hour eating window from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and call it 5/24 IF. In both cases, I was and am flexible. Sometimes the window began/begins earlier and lasted/lasts longer, but sometimes it began/begins later and lasted/lasts shorter. A recent example of flexibility was that I did not observe IF last week on Monday when my wife and I went out to breakfast.

I continue to enjoy the many lifestyle benefits of IF that I shared in previous blogflections. My bodyweight remains stable and about 14 pounds less than before I began IF. Slowly but surely I am regaining lost strength and strength endurance as my training has become more focused.

When I began my IF journey on February 25th for 40 days of Lenten sacrifice, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would still be at it 112 days later.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: