Thursday, June 4, 2009

A ho-hum training day at Bodytribe Fitness


When I began Pierini Fitness many moons ago on August 28, 2008, I stated the following in my initial blogflection:

“For the past four years, I have maintained a training journal on two different fitness forum websites. I've created this new blog to continue my cyberspace training journal, and to record anything else I have on my mind for my archival benefit and for the benefit or disadvantage of anyone else who happens to stumble across Pierini Fitness.”

Well I’ve been too busy rambling about middle-age man fitness and health, other middle-age man reflections, and occasional economic and political thoughts that somehow the cyberspace training journal went by the wayside.

Today’s blogflection is a page from the bricks and mortar training journal I still maintain. Here’s what I did yesterday afternoon after 10 minutes of flexibility and warmup drills:

Supersets of barbell squats (BS) followed by standard grip pullup (SGPU) weighted singles (all loads are in lbs.) as follows:

Set #1 – BS 95x3 then SGPU 25x1

Set #2 – BS 115x3 then SGPU 35x1

Set #3 – BS 135x3 then SGPU 45x1

Set #4 – BS 155x3 then SGPU 55x1

Set #5 – BS 175x3 then SGPU 70x1 (video below)

Set #6 – BS 195x1 then standard grip chinup 88x1 (video below)

Supersets of pullups and chinups followed by barbell squat/wide-grip behind-the-neck overhead press (BS/WGBTNOHP) as follows:

Set #1 – standard grip pullups x 6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 95x6

Set #2 – standard grip chinups x 6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 95x6

Set #3 – close grip pullups x 6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 95x6

Set #4 – close grip chinups x 6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 95x6

Set #5 – wide grip pullups x 6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 95x6

Set #6 – wide grip chinups x6 then BS/WGBTNOHP 135x10 (video below)

Here some video highlights:




Nothing fancy about this training day. Other than one weighted pullup and one weighted chinup, all loads were moderate. The last set of of squats/wide-grip behind-the-neck overhead presses was tough. It was just a ho-hum training day at Bodytribe Fitness.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: