Monday, December 28, 2009

Forgot that I knew that

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

A common theme I’ve expressed more than once with regard to fitness training is “something is better than nothing”. That is to say, during busy times when training time is hard to come by, rather than do nothing because you can’t do the whole darn great workout, do something because something is better than nothing.

Well this training mindset isn’t limited to those instances when time is scarce but also works great when you’re sporting an injury – you’re as in me.

I’m into extra innings with a nagging right shoulder injury that limits my ability to do overhead work like jerks, presses and snatches. Last Saturday, I finally got the bright idea that just because my right shoulder is bothering me and limiting overhead work, my left side is doing just fine, thank you. So I added left-handed kettlebell snatches for a 3-exercise circuit along with barbell squats and wide-grip behind-the-neck pullups.

Overall, it was a great workout and I finally got in some northern-orientation training with the one-handed kettlebell snatch work.

It brought back an old memory about a dozen years old when I once hurt my left hand crashing into a tree while snow sledding. My left hand hurt for almost two years and I had to concentrate using my left hand during karate training. I became much more proficient using my left side as a result of that long healing process.

Again, there’s nothing new under the sun. Move over Homer Simpson as I say "D'OH! - forgot that I knew that.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: