Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A set of 25 knuckle pushups

The Pierini DIET - click here to learn more

For what seems like forever, I’ve been bothered by injured shoulders that have prevented me from doing most pressing exercises including pushups.

There was a time when I did pushups several times a week as part of my fitness training. My favorite version was knuckle pushups which are popular among martial artists because they condition your knuckles, work wrist stability and forearm muscles, and are slightly more challenging because of an extra range of motion.

Every now and then I’ve attempted to do some pushups and stopped each attempt immediately because my shoulders were telling me that they were not ready.

Yesterday, after a 14-hour work day and another missed fitness training day at my gym, I decided to drop down to my office floor and give my favorite pushups a try. A smile on my face is how it all ended as I was able to bang out a set of 25 knuckle pushups.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

fishhead said...

Yay!! I'm happy for you :)