Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Patience is platinum

You and I are familiar with the old saying “silence is golden” and it seems so true in the decibel-piercing world in which we live. One of my most memorable silence is golden moments was over thirteen years ago. I wrote about it here.

I’m getting better creating and enjoying silence is golden opportunities. One daily favorite is when driving my car because I don’t listen to music or news on the radio or CD player. Strange you think to which I reply not so. Try it; you might like it.

My wife’s preferred silence is golden practices are contemplative prayer and Eucharistic Adoration, a Roman Catholic practice in which the Blessed Sacrament is exposed and adored by the faithful.

Besides silence, another enjoyable state for me is being patient – an ability to accept or tolerate delays, problems or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious. I need patience in my daily life challenges and can’t get enough of this virtue.

My truth be told, I have more opportunities testing and cultivating patience in day-to-day living than experiencing silence is golden moments. It’s probably fair to say this will continue being my truth for some time to come.

Why this is so I ask myself. My only answer is perhaps I’m not patient.

So I’ll continue cultivating this virtue because, for me, patience is platinum.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: