Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coffee straight and strong

My joy for a great cup of coffee is genetic and was
passed  on to me from my Dad.  RIP dear Dad!
It just dawned on me that I’ve not really written much about coffee considering how much I enjoy my morning cup eight days a week. 

I’ve written about everything else under the sun here at Pierini Fitness but coffee has only been mentioned in passing and generally on Sunday in the context of we’re closed for business.

Well I’m determined to change that but you’ll not get another of my long-winded discussions today.  Nope, you’ll have to go surfing to find other bloggers who’ll put you to sleep with a meandering and probably funny blog-share about how coffee fits into their life.

I’ll be straight to the point.  I drink one cup of coffee in the morning.  About half the time I buy it while on the go and the other half I prepare it at home. 

When I buy it on the go, I favor Peet’s Coffee over Starbuck’s.  Peet’s is primarily a San Francisco Bay Area fine coffee establishment but they have locations elsewhere in California and seven other states. 
I like Peet’s because they make their coffee how I like mine – STRONG!

But the best cup of coffee is the one I prepare at home.  I generally use a French Roast coffee bean and finely grind them just before brewing my morning solo cup. 

I prepare my cup using drip brewing, a method which involves pouring water over ground beans in a filter so that the water seeps through the ground coffee, absorbing its oils and essences.  The end result is an awesome flavor unbeknownst to those lost souls confused with a cup of tea in hand.

When my cup is full, I’m ready to immerse myself in a morning sipping delight.  I don’t ruin my amazing beverage with anything robbing its bold and rich flavor like sugar or cream.

Those are for sissies because real middle-aged men drink their coffee straight and strong.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks has too many choices for old guys like me. I have recently stopped using any type of sweetener on my coffee.