Thursday, January 23, 2014

I can't get up!

Tuesday’s disappointing gym workout was a grim reminder that my strength is so fickle and subject to spoilage and a short shelf life.

My planned workout included lifting some heavy weight overhead but my strength reservoir had other plans of taking the day off. 

My forensic investigative analysis for this lackluster strength performance traces its cause to last Saturday's tough workout during which I recorded some noteworthy strength and anaerobic cardio performances.  

It probably depleted my strength tank and I needed more recovery time before strength testing again.

After Tuesday’s ho-hum workout, I drove back to my office while having images of that Medic Alert television ad of an elderly woman lying on the floor from a fall who calls on the telephone with an urgent cry of “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

Except I was a weakened middle-aged man crying “I’m weak today and I can’t get up!”

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously we old guys have to moderate our exercise as we get older. Hope you feel better soon.