Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rope fever


After a hard workout Monday afternoon that included front squats, squat snatches and weighted pullups, I wrapped up the day with a single attempt of a 12 foot hands-only rope climb.

After studying the video of my previous rope a dope session last Friday, I learned a couple things. First, it's important to keep my body as close to the rope as possible when climbing and this is tougher when trying to climb in an L-sit position. Second, my hamstrings are not as flexible as they need to be to maintain good form in the L-sit position. I'll work on both of these in future training sessions. Right now I have rope fever so I'll be doing more rope work at the end of my workouts.

Here's my Monday single attempt:

I'll post more rope climbing attempts in the future because right now I have rope fever.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: