Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How about Adrian Anonymous?

Some people are very private in cyberspace going to great lengths to protect their real identity.  

They use clever internet names and avatar photos when participating in internet discussion forums.

Then there are people like me who are open books.  You know who we are and how to track us down if needed.

Some people live in fear of the latter and I can understand why.  For me, this fear is reciprocal because for every “nut” who might want to track me down and do this or that to me is a “nut” on the receiving end that might be harboring similar thoughts. 

Reciprocal fear keeps us honest and that’s the way it should be.

But every now and then I do ponder if it’s time for me to go under cloak and dagger and disappear from cyberspace as the Pierini character I’ve branded and flaunted to those few souls knowing of me.

Maybe I’ll change my cyberspace name and avatar and join the secret brigade of cyberspace folks.  This would allow me to mouth off more about stuff I dare not say otherwise.  I could freely share my private thoughts and opinions with all their rough edges.  

Maybe one day I’ll do that.  What would be a good name and avatar for me to use?

How about Adrian Anonymous?

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: