Monday, October 5, 2015

All I want to do is dream

A couple dreamers catching a siesta in Puerto Vallarta circa January 2011
Last Friday my son shared about a dream he had the night before.  He shared how vivid it was and unlike most times when he doesn’t remember his dreams with clarity and detail.  I shared with him that, most of the time, I don't remember my dreams either.  

Anyway, he had this lucid dream about playing on a hockey team and scoring two goals that put his team ahead two to zero.  He was feeling good about his stellar performance.  Interesting is that he has never played hockey in his life and like his father, doesn’t even know how to ice skate very well.

As the game progressed while his team was still leading, he got injured and had to leave the game. 

The next thing he remembered was being in a hospital watching the game on television.  Eventually the other team scored two goals and tied the game.  Then a hospital nurse told him it was time to have some medical procedures done so he wouldn’t be able to watch the game on television any longer.  

That was the last he remembers about his dream.

I’m sure a dream interpretation expert would have a good old time telling him about his dream’s message.  I could probably fake an explanation if I tried hard enough but that doesn’t interest me.  But the thought of having a wonderful dream does after listening to his dream’s details.

Having a very lucid and vivid dream is a wonderful experience.  I like the feeling the following morning after awakening and feeling so cheerful and relaxed; maybe euphoric once in a while.  

It's sort of how I feel when listening to the following classic song by the Everly Brothers:



When listening to someone else share a great dream, it makes me feel like all I want to do is dream.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: