Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Calling in sick

Over thirty years ago, I was once an employee; a very young one with values still in the formative stages.  Back in those olden days, sometimes I didn’t feel like working and would call in sick. 

On those “sick days”, I rarely was sick in fact but rather in fiction.  I just didn’t feel like working for whatever reason. 

I happened to work for an employer who paid me even if I was sick so I chose to be dishonest once in a while by calling in sick.    

I’m embarrassed and ashamed that I did this and sharing it is a good for cultivating my middle-aged man now honesty. 

But just like a drug addict or someone suffering from dysfunctional behavior, relapse is always a force with which to be reckoned.  

This middle-aged man is not spared from the perils of relapse so today, with no creative middle-aged man reflection to share, he’s calling in sick.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: