Monday, October 26, 2015

My KB clean and overhead complex

Training exclusively with kettlebells these days, I'm constantly on the look for a new and challenging workout.  

I get great ones viewing YouTube but I've also created my own, designed with me in mind and today I'm sharing one of them.

It's a single-arm kettlebell complex consisting of the following:

(1)  dead clean/overhead strict press

(2)  swing/clean/overhead push press

(3)  swing/clean/front squat/overhead push jerk

Complete one of each of the above with your right side switch and then do the same on your left side for one round.  

Here's a video demonstration of it by the chief executive blogger of Pierini Fitness:



I suggest you pick a heavy enough weight so that you're ready to call it quits after 20 rounds.  Rest as required between rounds.  

The last time I did this 20 round workout, for example, I started a new round every 1:50.  It took me about 1:10 of work to complete thereby giving me about 0:40 of recovery.

It may seem like this isn't a lot of work but trust me, you really start to fatigue in the latter rounds.  And your heart rate will escalate.

Maintain good form, work hard and don't get too comfortable. 

Give this a try and let me know what you think; my KB clean and overhead complex.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: